The more information the lawyer has about your car accident case, the better. You should bring any documents that might be relevant to your initial consultation.
Common types of evidence used in personal injury claims include:
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness accounts and details about the auto accident or the contact information for witnesses
- Copies of medical reports from doctors and hospitals
- Copies of billing statements or invoices for medical treatment
- Information about your lost wages and when you are expected to return to work
- Information about the other driver’s insurer
- Photographs you have of the accident
- Photographs of your injuries
- Your own written recollection of how the accident occurred
If you do not have these documents in your possession, don’t worry. Your lawyer will be able to obtain all the paperwork necessary to present your case. The initial consultation is simply a time to help you better understand your rights and for the lawyer to assess whether your claim has merit.Contact the dedicated legal team at Steffens Law Office to schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation today.