If you've been injured due to another party's negligence, an experienced personal injury attorney will do the following:
- Gather evidence to establish liability.
- Document your damages.
- Find relevant expert witnesses.
- Protect you from unscrupulous insurance companies that want to diminish the value of your case.
- Advise you on steps you can take to protect your right to compensation.
- Provide regular case updates and answer any questions you may have.
- Try to negotiate a fair settlement.
- Go to court, if necessary and desired.
- Negotiate a reduction of your medical expenses to maximize the value of your settlement.
- Settle and pay all liens against your case, such as those for past medical bills.
Understanding Contingency Fee Agreements
It's a common concern among injured persons that an attorney is unaffordable when they are faced with high medical bills and absence from work. However, personal injury attorneys accept cases on a contingency fee basis. This means your attorney will ask for a percentage of the settlement you receive as the fee for legal services. This allows you to obtain quality representation with no upfront cost.
Contact Steffens Law Office Today
If you're looking for an experienced Nebraska personal injury attorney, contact the legal team at Steffens Law Office to schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation. We can help you obtain the compensation you need to move forward with your life.