Whether or not you need a bankruptcy lawyer in Lincoln, NE, really depends on the situation. Bankruptcy isn’t a simple process. The amount of paperwork, legal knowledge, and effort needed to complete a successful bankruptcy is usually not feasible for working Americans who are busy 40-60+ hours a week.
Bankruptcy lawyers are specially trained in the ins and outs of the legal process. Hardworking Americans (such as yourself) will find it difficult to keep up with the many specific requirements for a successful bankruptcy. Unless you’re trained in bankruptcy law, hiring a bankruptcy attorney for help filing is probably the best option.
What Will a Bankruptcy Attorney Do for Me?
- Save you time and stress
- You won’t have to take time off from work or stress about paperwork after a long workday. Your bankruptcy attorney will give you the confidence that your case is in safe hands by keeping you informed and aware of how your case is going.
- Be familiar with the laws and trustees involved in your case
- Our Lincoln bankruptcy attorney is trained to be familiar with the laws and trustees on your specific case and will quickly recognize any issues that come up.
- Fill out the complicated paperwork
- The paperwork can be confusing and it’s easy to lose documents or submit the wrong thing. This can extend the process and make it even more stressful than it already is. An attorney will take this burden off your shoulders and save you energy to think about your family and work instead.
- Help you protect your property
- Mistakes in a bankruptcy case can result in your property being repossessed unnecessarily or lost. Our Lincoln bankruptcy lawyer will work diligently to protect your property, so your bankruptcy is as painless as possible.
What Can I Expect From a Bankruptcy Attorney in Lincoln, NE?
Your attorney will ask you for tax returns, paystubs, and other important documents that are necessary for your case. They’ll need the value of your car, home, and other possessions.
From there, your attorney and team of case managers will fill out paperwork, audit potential legal issues, and prepare you for your bankruptcy hearing. Your team will guide you along the way so that you’re placed in the best position possible for a new life, free from debt.
Contact Our Lincoln Bankruptcy Lawyer for Help With Your Case
While bankruptcy is a difficult and scary decision for many to make, hiring a bankruptcy attorney will make the process much easier and give you confidence you’ll wind up with a better life for you and your family.
At Steffens Law Office, our Lincoln bankruptcy lawyer cares deeply about each person who asks for our help. Whether you live in Lincoln, Omaha, Grand Island, Scottsbluff or anywhere else in Nebraska, we’re eager, ready and able to give you the best representation possible to set you on the path toward financial freedom!
If you’re considering bankruptcy and wondering if it’s right for you, give our bankruptcy attorney in Lincoln, NE, a call at (308) 872-8327 or fill out our online contact form.