When someone suffers an injury in an accident that was not their fault, they often struggle to get the help they need. Insurance companies, medical billing clerks—even police officers and doctors—are not nearly as helpful as you might expect them to be. If you find yourself in this situation after a vehicle crash, dog bite, or workplace accident, you need someone in your corner. The Nebraska personal injury lawyers at Steffens Law Offices will take over communication with all of these unhelpful people so that you can focus on getting your life back to what it was before the accident. The best part is that you won’t have to pay any fees upfront.
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
You may think Nebraska personal injury lawyers will cost you too much money. Many of our clients come to us with this misunderstanding. The reality is that unless we are able to get you the compensation you deserve from the negligent party who caused your accident, you won’t have to pay us a cent. When our Nebraska personal injury lawyers do settle your claim for what you need to fully recover from your injuries, a percentage of the settlement will come to us. However, we guarantee that you will get more compensation than we do, even after your medical bills are paid! Not only do we fight to get you the highest possible compensation from the insurance company, but we will also negotiate with your medical billers to reduce what you owe to them.
Our Nebraska Personal Injury Lawyers Help All Kinds of Accident Victims
Almost any serious injury that is caused by another person’s negligence can be pursued as a personal injury claim. At Steffens Law Offices, our Nebraska personal injury lawyers have helped people injured in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Vehicle crashes. Most personal injury claims these days arise out of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Victims often suffer severe injuries, causing significant bodily harm, permanent disability, lost wages, and a lengthy recovery period. Auto insurance companies will push back hard against claimants trying to get fair compensation.
- Slips and falls. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors. If you slip on ice on a sidewalk, liquid in a grocery store, or fall downstairs with a faulty handrail, you may be able to hold the property owner or occupier liable for your damages. These are difficult claims to win without the help of an experienced premises liability lawyer.
- Dog bites. A victim of a dog bite injury in Nebraska is entitled to be compensated for not only his or her immediate medical bills for treating the injury, but also pain and suffering, mental anguish, permanent scarring, temporary or permanent disability, loss of wages, and much more. While the dog owner is ultimately responsible to the victim for these damages, compensation is typically provided by a homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one dies in one of these kinds of accidents, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages as a surviving family member. We have helped many Nebraskans hold negligent parties accountable for the death of a loved one.
We Focus on Serious Injury
If you required emergency medical care, surgery, follow-up therapy, or other high-level care following your accident, it will be well worth it to hire a lawyer who understands serious injuries. Our Nebraska personal injury lawyers have helped personal injury victims get the compensation they needed when they have suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage and paralysis, severe internal injuries, compound fractures and amputations, and much more. We develop relationships with these clients and check in with them after every doctor appointment. As we fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve, we also help you on your medical journey.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Nebraska Can Help You
- Legal Expertise. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you to understand your rights. The legal process is complex and involved in a truck accident case. Often even more complex than car accidents, as there are many more regulations and laws surrounding commercial vehicles. An experienced personal injury attorney will have an understanding of these laws and can provide guidance on what to expect in the case.
- Preserve Evidence. They can also help you to gather and preserve evidence related to the accident. This is critical, as the evidence is key to a successful outcome in your case. An attorney will help to identify relevant evidence, such as the truck's black box, witness statements, and other documentation that can support your claim. They can also ensure that the evidence is properly preserved, which is essential. You may be advised to gather contact information from potential witnesses, keep a diary of your medical appointments, treatments, and any pain you experience, and take photos of the accident scene.
- Handle Negotiations. A personal injury attorney will negotiate with the truck driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies are more concerned with protecting their own interests than with giving you the compensation you deserve. An attorney can negotiate on your behalf and ensure that the insurance company is providing a fair settlement. If necessary, an attorney will take the insurance company to court to fight for you.
- Expert Representation. If the case goes to trial, the attorney can provide representation in court. A truck accident case can become very complicated, and you may need to go to court to fight for your rights. An attorney can provide expert representation in court, presenting the evidence and arguments that support your claim. They can also cross-examine witnesses, argue motions, and advocate for your rights.
- Fair Compensation. You deserve fair compensation and the best person to get it for you is a personal injury lawyer. The costs associated with a truck accident can be substantial, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An attorney can help you to recover compensation for these expenses and any other damages that you have suffered as a result of the accident.
- Strong Support. In addition to these benefits, a personal injury attorney can provide emotional support to you and your family during this difficult time. The legal process can be stressful and overwhelming, but an attorney can provide guidance and support to help through the process. They can also help you to understand your options and make informed decisions about your case.
Contact Our Experienced Nebraska Personal Injury Attorneys for Free Case Evaluation
Even if you’re not sure you even need a lawyer following an accident injury, it’s worth your time to meet with us in a free consultation. Our Nebraska personal injury lawyers will evaluate your claim and let you know if we can help and if so, what we will do to increase the value of your claim. If you were seriously injured because of another person’s negligence, contact our team at Steffens Law Offices as soon as possible. We are here to help you.