When someone suffers an injury in an accident that was not their fault, they often struggle to get the help they need. Insurance companies, medical billing clerks—even police officers and doctors—are not nearly as helpful as you might expect them to be. If you find yourself in this situation after a vehicle crash, dog bite, or workplace accident, you need someone in your corner. The Nebraska personal injury lawyers at Steffens Law Offices will take over communication with all of these unhelpful people so that you can focus on getting your life back to what it was before the accident. The best part is that you won’t have to pay any fees upfront.
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
You may think Nebraska personal injury lawyers will cost you too much money. Many of our clients come to us with this misunderstanding. The reality is that unless we are able to get you the compensation you deserve from the negligent party who caused your accident, you won’t have to pay us a cent. When our Nebraska personal injury lawyers do settle your claim for what you need to fully recover from your injuries, a percentage of the settlement will come to us. However, we guarantee that you will get more compensation than we do, even after your medical bills are paid! Not only do we fight to get you the highest possible compensation from the insurance company, but we will also negotiate with your medical billers to reduce what you owe to them.
Our Nebraska Personal Injury Lawyers Help All Kinds of Accident Victims
Almost any serious injury that is caused by another person’s negligence can be pursued as a personal injury claim. At Steffens Law Offices, our Nebraska personal injury lawyers have helped people injured in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Vehicle crashes. Most personal injury claims these days arise out of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Victims often suffer severe injuries, causing significant bodily harm, permanent disability, lost wages, and a lengthy recovery period. Auto insurance companies will push back hard against claimants trying to get fair compensation.
- Slips and falls. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors. If you slip on ice on a sidewalk, liquid in a grocery store, or fall downstairs with a faulty handrail, you may be able to hold the property owner or occupier liable for your damages. These are difficult claims to win without the help of an experienced premises liability lawyer.
- Dog bites. A victim of a dog bite injury in Nebraska is entitled to be compensated for not only his or her immediate medical bills for treating the injury, but also pain and suffering, mental anguish, permanent scarring, temporary or permanent disability, loss of wages, and much more. While the dog owner is ultimately responsible to the victim for these damages, compensation is typically provided by a homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
- Workplace accidents. Steffens Law Offices has represented injured workers and employees in a variety of professions. We help you secure adequate compensation from your employer’s workers’ compensation coverage to help you fully recover from your injuries and return to work.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one dies in one of these kinds of accidents, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages as a surviving family member. We have helped many Nebraskans hold negligent parties accountable for the death of a loved one.
We Focus on Serious Injury
If you required emergency medical care, surgery, follow-up therapy, or other high-level care following your accident, it will be well worth it to hire a lawyer who understands serious injuries. Our Nebraska personal injury lawyers have helped personal injury victims get the compensation they needed when they have suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage and paralysis, severe internal injuries, compound fractures and amputations, and much more. We develop relationships with these clients and check in with them after every doctor appointment. As we fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve, we also help you on your medical journey.
Let Our Experienced Nebraska Personal Injury Lawyers Help You
Even if you’re not sure you even need a lawyer following an accident injury, it’s worth your time to meet with us in a free consultation. Our Nebraska personal injury lawyers will evaluate your claim and let you know if we can help and if so, what we will do to increase the value of your claim. If you were seriously injured because of another person’s negligence, contact our team at Steffens Law Offices as soon as possible. We are here to help you.