Choosing the right Omaha personal injury attorney is the most significant step in your process of recovery. However, this can be difficult with so many attorneys in the phonebook and on the internet.
Do not simply hire an attorney based on a television commercial or a friend's recommendation. Take the time to do your research so you can be confident you have a strong advocate throughout the process of resolving your personal injury claim.
5 Questions to Help You Find the Right Omaha Personal Injury Attorney for Your Specific Needs
Here is a list of questions to ask as you're looking for an attorney to get you started on your path to recovery and collecting the compensation you deserve:
- How many years has he or she been practicing? What are some of his or her representative results?
- Does he or she practice all kinds of law (i.e., the general practice attorney) or does he or she focus on personal injury cases?
- Do you feel comfortable with this person? Will he or she return your phone calls and e-mails personally and promptly? Does he or she explain things to you in layman’s terms?
- Does this attorney know how to release liens which may attach to your case settlement or award? For instance, in some cases, Medicare may have an automatic lien on your case. If your attorney is not experienced in handling these matters, you could be left owing Medicare for medical payments they have made on your behalf. Liens may also exist between you and your treating physicians, collection agencies, and insurance companies.
- Can this attorney explain, to your satisfaction, what he or she can do for you?
What Our Omaha Personal Injury Law Firm is All About
You can expect Steffens Law Office to provide the following professional services:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and gather relevant evidence.
- Provide advice on how to seek medical treatment that best supports your claim for damages.
- Advocate for your rights when insurance companies want to diminish the value of your case.
- Monitor your medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Advise you regarding what needs to be done to receive fair compensation for your damages.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your personal injury claim.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Handle communication with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Prepare a detailed demand package with an eye toward settling your case, if possible.
- Go to court to settle your case, if you are unable to resolve the issue with the insurance company.
After reviewing the information above and you're ready to get started with your claim and collect the compensation you deserve, contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation.