If you forget to take your second bankruptcy course before your discharge deadline has passed, you won’t get your bankruptcy discharge and your case will close.
But don’t worry: forgetting to take it won’t destroy your bankruptcy case! However, you will have to pay an expensive refiling fee.
How to Avoid Paying an Extra Fee for Missing Your Second Bankruptcy Course
- Finish your second class as soon as possible.
- If you’re filing with us at Steffens Law, your second class is already paid for!
- We know that life events get in the way, and it can be easy to forget to take your second bankruptcy course before your discharge deadline.
- Set aside two hours in your schedule to complete it.
- After that, the rest is up to your case manager!
According to our Lincoln bankruptcy lawyers, if you do forget to take your second bankruptcy course before the discharge deadline, you don’t have to panic.
Here's What You'll Have to Do if You Miss the Discharge Deadline
- Pay another filing fee for $338.
- Take your course as soon as you realize you missed the deadline.
- Then, call your case manager.
- Your case manager will re-open your bankruptcy case for a refiling free ($338) and issue your course certificate.
- That’s it!
Forgetting that second bankruptcy course isn’t the end of the world, but we want you to save those refiling funds for yourself and your family!
If You Have Questions About Filing, Contact Out Lincoln Bankruptcy Lawyers Today!
Bankruptcy can be overwhelming and stressful, and the process isn’t easy to go through. We understand if you have questions. If you’re considering bankruptcy, please give us at Steffens Law Office a call at (308) 872-8327. Our compassionate Lincoln bankruptcy lawyers are ready and willing to answer any questions you have, and to help ease your financial anxieties.
To request a free consultation with our Lincoln bankruptcy lawyers, fill out our contact form now.