Lincoln is a fast-growing city – more people, more cars, and sadly, more accidents. Nebraska’s capital is a wonderful place to live, but with 300,000 people going every which way, it can be dangerous. From the Haymarket to Havelock, whether north or south of O Street, crashes can happen anywhere, and at anytime, and when they do, having an experienced Lincoln car accident lawyer on your side can make all the difference.
If you’ve been seriously hurt in a car accident here in the star city, it's important to find the right car accident attorney in Lincoln to help you as soon as possible. It is critical. Your vehicle is damaged, maybe undrivable, and you are in pain, or perhaps worse. But there is good news: there are smart, caring people who are ready to help you, right here at Steffens Law Office.
The following article will provide you with the information you need to make the smartest decision about hiring legal representation in Lincoln for help with your car accident and injuries.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
A lot, it turns out. The great ones listen intently to your needs. Most car accident injury victims need help obtaining the best medical care. You might also need help with vehicle repairs. Finally, insurance companies are not fun to deal with, so an experienced Lincoln car accident lawyer can work the phones to help with your claims against the other person’s insurance.
The great car accident lawyers (like those at Steffens Law Offices) will gather facts to build your case for holding the other driver responsible: they will ask questions about the accident, the conditions, the relevant law, and the other driver. The answers often make the difference between obtaining full compensation for your injury or nothing at all.
The right answers will strengthen your case for early settlement for the highest value. How did the accident happen? Who else was there? How serious were the injuries? Are there pictures or video of the accident? Did the police arrive and take a report? These are some of just the basics that most victims just don’t think about when dealing with the trauma of a car accident.
When Should I Hire an Auto Accident Lawyer in Lincoln?
The sooner the better. There is no law that says you must wait to hire a car accident lawyer after a vehicle collision in Lincoln. Wait long enough, and you might be contacted by the other driver’s insurance and asked to provide a recorded statement without your lawyer – it is never a good idea to comply.
The insurance company’s objective is for you to sign away your rights for a quick settlement. Insurance companies and their employees do not have your best interests in mind and are not your friend. You are rarely in good hands, and insurance companies are never like a good neighbor.
This is why it’s crucial to speak to a proven and experienced Lincoln car accident lawyer as soon as possible after a vehicle collision.
Why Do I Need a Lincoln Car Accident Attorney?
- A local car accident attorney in Lincoln knows the city, the bike trails, and the areas where people often are involved in accidents (O street, anyone?).
- The earlier you hire us, the higher your settlement will likely be (who doesn’t want more money?).
- You’ll get the medical care you need, and we’ll negotiate medical costs down as low as possible.
- A Lincoln car accident lawyer knows the local insurance companies, the nearby hospitals, and when necessary, knows the Lancaster County Court system.
How to Find the Best Car Accident Lawyer in Lincoln?
Finding the right lawyer for your car crash case can be difficult, but there are certain things you can do to make your search a bit easier. Here are a few things to look out for:
- Word of mouth. Ask trusted family members and friends who have had to use an attorney for a car crash for their opinions.
- Reviews. One of the most important steps you can take when looking for the best car accident lawyer in Lincoln is to read reviews and testimonials from past clients. This gives you a unique insight into how well they worked for others, including what their experiences were like before, during and after the case. Peer reviews are also helpful, as seeing what other attorneys think of your potential attorney will be impactful.
- Due dilligence. Don't just take others people's words for it. Interview a few different attorneys, ask lots of questions, ask to see or hear about recent case results, make sure they have enough experience dealing with these types of cases, and then choose the attorney that you feel most comfortable with.
Can I Afford a Car Crash Attorney? How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
First, the team at Steffens Law Offices will always speak to a car accident victim for free, and answer questions. You should never have to pay for a car accident lawyer in Lincoln unless you win a favorable settlement. If you are being asked to pay up front, just hang up the phone, since you’re not speaking to one of the greats.
Car crash attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means that the law firm actually pays all of your legal costs up front, and the lawyer should work for free until they obtain a favorable settlement for you. Really! Once their work is complete, and you’ve been compensated fairly for your injuries and other damages, only then do we get paid.
Is Hiring a Car Wreck Lawyer Worth It?
Did you know that a really great car accident lawyer can obtain a settlement exponentially higher than what you might obtain on your own?
In truth, great car accident lawyers love what they do - their passion is helping injured people like you get back to living their best lives. They do this by aiding with all aspects of a car accident case: the accident itself, medical care, your injuries and vehicle damages, the insurance labyrinth, and filing and litigating a case if necessary. All of this ensures that you obtain maximum value for your situation, so that you can focus on healing faster.
Helpful Tips to Follow Until You Speak With an Experienced Attorney
- Take photos of the accident and your injuries – “a picture is worth a thousand words!”
- If you can, take down contact information from anyone at the scene who saw what happened.
- Obtain necessary medical care and follow the doctor’s recommendations for treatment (also, it helps to keep a "pain diary").
- It’s best to abstain from speaking with the other driver or their insurance company – nothing you tell them will help your case for settlement.
- Stay off social media – no posting pictures of your accident or your injuries – believe it or not, this is the first place the insurance company will look for evidence to spin against your claim.
- Always, always, always continue to medically treat until fully recovered – both for your recovery and your claim, it makes a difference. This is not the time to “be tough”.
- Never talk to the other driver’s insurance company without speaking to an experienced Lincoln car accident lawyer first – at Steffens Law Office, our number is (308) 872-8327.
Contact Our Proven Lincoln Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consult
Our experienced Lincoln car accident lawyer at Steffens Law Offices know how to get you the settlement that you deserve. We take care of the calls, paperwork, and deal with the other driver’s insurance company. You just concentrate on getting well! Call our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys today at (308) 872-8327!